Sunday, June 12, 2016

The Sunday Post #1



The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 









Hello Everyone! This is my first time participating in The Sunday Post. I thought this would be a great way for me to wrap up the week and to introduce the next week! 

So I've been trying to get my blog back on track now that I'm out of school for the summer. I'm also in between jobs so I'm not too busy to read and review. I'm pretty proud of myself because I've been able to post reviews about twice a week for two weeks now! I also thought I'd give Netgalley another try and request some e-arcs. I'm happy to say that I was approved for most of the ones I requested! I had some difficulty with that in the past and wasn't sure that it would be any different now, but I'm glad that things are looking up for me, haha. 

I'm also eagerly awaiting a package from Amazon full of a few books and a neat gadget that will help with filming videos. I only have my phone to film videos but there isn't any way to place it on the old tripod I have, so I bought a holder for it and am excited to be able to start filming videos. I used to have a BookTube channel but after two different attempts I couldn't commit. I'm starting again but this will make things so much easier! 

Okay, long post but on to the happenings of this week! 


Posts from June 1st - June 11th:


When We Collided by Emery Lord (Review from Goodreads)


Books I Bought:

Magnolia
Open Road Summer

E-books I Bought:


*On Sale at Amazon for $1.99!!*

Slammed (Slammed, #1)


Library Books: Click on pictures for Goodreads Page

The Cresswell PlotGena/FinnThe Loose Ends ListThe Distance from Me to You

E-books Borrowed From OverDrive Library: Click on pictures for Goodreads Page

The Crown's Game (The Crown's Game, #1)Dream a Little Dream (The Silver Trilogy, #1)The Siren


Approved by Netgalley for:

Forever Doon (Doon, #4)We Own the Night (Radio Hearts #2)Labyrinth LostLittle Black Dresses, Little White LiesThe Replacement CrushYou Before Anyone Else


Currently Reading - Soo good so far!!

We Own the Night (Radio Hearts #2)











Up Next - This might change...I'm such a mood reader! 

The Crown's Game (The Crown's Game, #1)Little Black Dresses, Little White Lies



Monday's Review -  Starflight by Melissa Landers
Top Ten Tuesday Post (Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For The Second Half Of The Year)

Maybe...
Wednesday Review - We Own the Night by Ashley Poston
Wishlist Wednesday
The reveal of The Voracious Reader (BookTube Channel)? Still trying to decide on a name...


Check out these reviews from the past!



Thanks for reading! 
How has your week been?
Vanessa

4 comments:

  1. My netgalley is almost to 80% and I am not trying so hard not to request any books...it's going to be very hard :)

    Good luck with the Booktube! That's sounds like fun but I don't have a face for video :)

    I hope you have a fantastic week, Vanessa! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle! It is pretty fun and I hope I can keep it up once I start.
      Have a fantastic week yourself!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the Sunday Post! I just finished reading Slammed a week or so ago, and loved it! I also love Dream a Little Dream by Kerstin Gier. Looks like maybe we got some of the same books too! Hope you have a great week!
    Check out my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have a feeling I'll love Slammed too. :) And Dream a Little Dream sounds so interesting so I'm excited to try it out.

      Have a great week too!

      Delete

What's on your mind? :)