Monday, June 27, 2016

Make Me Read It Read-A-Thon 2016


-are getting married! (3)

Hello everyone! I am going to be attempting to participate in this #MakeMeRead Readathon from July 9th to July 16th! I just recently found this readathon while on Twitter and thought that it was such a great idea. The Make Me Read It Read-A-Thon is hosted by Ely at Tea and Titles and Val at The Innocent Smiley. You can use the hashtag #MakeMeRead on Twitter and Instagram too! Read below for more info on the Read-A-Thon.









Look at the books you own, either physical, e-book or ones you’ve borrowed from the library and pick out a few you really want to read, or feel like you should read. It’s up to you how many you pick, personally I’d pick a few more than you expect to be able to read in a week. Example: if you think you’ll only read two, pick out five books or if you think you can read seven, pick out ten.
Make a list of these books on your blog, or make a video, or a Goodreads shelf or post a picture on Instagram—whatever is easiest for you. Then get friends, other bloggers/booktubers etc. to vote on which books you HAVE to read.
When the read-a-thon comes along, you read the books in the order of most votes. For example, if one book gets 10 votes—you read that first, then the one that got 7 and so on. If there’s a tie, then it’s your preference. The goal is to read as many as possible.



Sounds fun doesn't it?! I can't wait for the week to start but I'm kind of having trouble picking out some books. I'm not quite sure how many I will read that week but I'm thinking that you can pick up to 3 books for me to read. I'll also show my TBR on YouTube over at my Booktube channel if you want to hear what I have to say about each book. All of these books have been published with the exception of Nevernight by Jay Kristoff which is an e-arc! 

 I'll put the covers of the books with links to the Goodreads pages down below! 

Thanks so much for helping out and let me know if you are participating, what book you think I should read, or if you want to participate now! 

The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy, #2)Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1)The Rose & the Dagger (The Wrath & the Dawn, #2)Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1)Hunter (Hunter, #1)With MaliceThe Forbidden WishSlammed (Slammed, #1)Open Road SummerI'll Be YoursA Thousand Boy KissesMagnolia

35 comments:

  1. I chose Nevernight as the poll wouldn't let me choose multiple titles... but here's a shout out for Slammed as well! :) Hope you have awesome fun with the Readathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for voting! I just realized that I didn't enable the multiple choices so hopefully it's fixed now. :)

      Delete
    2. Welcome! And yay! Looks like it is taking multiple selections now. I'll go ahead and put in a vote for Slammed as well. :D

      Delete
  2. I voted for The Winner's Crime! I read the entire series last week for another readathon and I really liked it. I hope you enjoy the books that win!

    Sofia @ Bookish Wanderess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for voting! I've heard so many great things about The Winner's Crime and The Winner's Kiss. Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up. :)

      Delete
  3. I voted for Nevernight, The Rose and the Dagger and The Forbidden Wish as I am really curious about those myself. Happy reading~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for voting! Really curious about those three too. :)

      Delete
  4. I voted for Nevernight for you too. Also, The Rose and the Dagger and With Malice. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for voting! Looks like Nevernight and The Rose and the Dagger are pretty popular. :)

      Delete
  5. I voted for the Rose and the Dagger! I just read it and loved it (although not as much as the first book in the series). What's your opinion on the Wrath and the Dawn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the vote! I really enjoyed The Wrath and the Dawn and the ending had me so excited for the next book! I can't wait to read The Rose and the Dagger though and hopefully I'll enjoy it too. :)

      Delete
  6. I picked The Winner's Crime, Falling Kingdoms, and The Rose and The Dagger! I haven't gotten the chance to read any of them yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. :-)
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for voting! I'm looking forward to reading whichever of these end up winning. :)

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! Good luck! :-)
      I have one too (by the way haha) if you'd like to vote on my poll: https://abookwormsperfectapple.wordpress.com/2016/06/22/its-official-i-am-absolutely-insane/

      Delete
  7. Hi! Thanks for stopping by and voting!! I voted for Nevernight, I loved it so much and I hope you do too :-)

    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thanks for voting here. :) I'm so intrigued by Nevernight and I hope that I really love it too!

      Delete
  8. I chose The Rose and The Dagger because I've been dying to actually pick up my audiobook and finish this series!

    Have fun during the Readathon! I hope you'll have an awesome time!

    Aditi @ http://athousandwordsamillionbooks.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for voting! I'm dying to finish the series but also kinda scared, haha. :)

      Delete
  9. Oh no, how do i choose with so many great choices?? :D I voted for With Malice & I'll be Yours. Heard good thing about both. :) Thanks for coming by Bemused Bookworm and voting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know what you mean! Thank you for voting and I can't wait to see what ends up winning. :)

      Delete
  10. I think I wanted to vote for half your list, haha! Great choices. I ended up going for Nevernight, because I'm really curious for that one, Falling Kingdoms and The Forbidden Wish. I own the last two so I've skimmed a few reviews about them and they sound like nice reads as well. Can't wait to see which books you're going to read, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you for voting! Falling Kingdoms and The Forbidden Wish do sound interesting and I'm glad that I'm getting a push to finally read all these books! :)

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I voted for the first three books on your list! The Winner's Crime is the only one I've read of those choices and is absolutely amazing! I recently reread it this year to gear up for The Winner's Kiss. ^_^

    Falling Kingdoms is also on my #MakeMeRead list! Doesn't look like it will win though, so looking forward to getting to it before/after. The Rose and the Dagger is also on my general wishlist TBR so fingers crossed my school library will have it this fall!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for voting!

      I'm looking forward to reading The Winner's Crime and The Winner's Kiss because I've heard such great things about them! :)

      Fingers crossed for you and The Rose and the Dagger. I know what it's like to have to wait for an anticipated book to come into the library, haha. :D

      Delete
  13. all of my choices landed in the middle xD

    Molly @ Molly's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all books I haven't read, so I chose the ones I would like to read soon! Please come vote on mine if you have a chance! https://thebookmonsters.com/make-me-read-readathon/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you much for voting! I'll definitely check yours out! :)

      Delete
  15. I haven't read most of those books myself, so it was super hard to vote for three. Hope you enjoy the winning books.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've heard such great things about The Winner's Crime. Enjoy your reads!

    I'd love if you would vote on my list! :) - http://www.smilingshelves.com/home/make-me-read-it-readathon-vote-please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard great things about the Winner's Crime too. :) Thank you for voting! I'll check out your list :)

      Delete
  17. I voted for Forbidden Wish and Winner's Crime because this are two books that I have as well, but have yet to read them. I hope you enjoy the picks.

    http://booksandcollege.blogspot.com/2016/06/make-me-read-it-read-thon.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for voting! I can't wait to see what I get to read. :)

      Delete

What's on your mind? :)