Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #3



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish in June 2010. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post and, if you want to, add your name to the Linky widget on that day's posts (typically put up midnight EST on Tuesday) so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.




This week's Top Ten Tuesday is a freebie topic. I had some trouble thinking of a topic but I finally settled on cover buys! So this week's Top Ten Tuesday is "Top Ten Cover Buys." These are some books that I've bought or picked up to read pretty much because of their covers. :) Their covers intrigued me before anything and I just had to have them!


Magonia (Magonia, #1)We Own the Night (Radio Hearts #2)The Wrath & the Dawn (The Wrath & the Dawn, #1)These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1)Open Road SummerThe Loose Ends List

The Beautiful and the Cursed (The Dispossessed, #1)Vengeance RoadSplintered (Splintered, #1)The Star-Touched Queen







Wow. I feel like Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman kind of sticks out but I had to include it! I have the physical copy and it just feels like home to me (I was born in Arizona but am currently in Illinois.) It's also pretty obvious that I like covers with dark colors...

Have you made any cover buys? Which books have you picked up just because of the cover? 

*Oh and I totally forgot to link the Goodreads pages to the books so I'm very sorry!*

Vanessa

14 comments:

  1. OOOOH! I totally bought Magonia based on the cover too. In fact, its been almost a year and I have no idea as to what its about! All of those covers are gorgeous and I completely second your choices.

    Have a great day.

    Aditi @ http://athousandwordsamillionbooks.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magonia's cover is so gorgeous and especially in person! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Oh all these covers are gorgeous! I've only read The Wrath and the Dawn, These Broken Stars and Splintered but I really enjoyed all of them. Definitely will have to pick up some of the others on your list as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! All three of those books were so enjoyable. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Wow pretty covers!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/06/28/top-ten-tuesday-63/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! :) Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  4. Awww, all these covers are so freaking beautiful! My favorite on your list has to be These Broken Stars, what can I say, I love pretty dresses on the covers. :D I wasn't a fan of Their Fractured Light's cover, though. Great list! :)
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love pretty dresses on covers! I could probably do a whole list on covers with beautiful dresses. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. This is a great topic. Although for me that would be like, every single book I have ever bought. Lol! I agree with all your choices on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha, it's true for me too. I do love a lot of the covers of the books that I buy. :)

      Delete
  6. Oh Magonia was such a cover buy for me too. And These Broken Stars keeps flirting with me through the screen. I have resisted so far. Great topic. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks!. These Broken Stars really looks nice in person. I always love seeing it in videos too! :)

      Delete
  7. READ THE WRATH AND THE DAWN. It's one of my ALL TIME faves, and the author is a sweetheart. I highly highly recommend you read it asap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually already read it and I absolutely LOVED it! I'll most likely be starting the next book soon and I'm excited to see how the duology ends. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

What's on your mind? :)