Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #1

Hello Everyone! Today I am participating in the Top Ten Tuesday weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. I left the instructions/description below. Thanks! 

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish in June 2010. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post and, if you want to, add your name to the Linky widget on that day's posts (typically put up midnight EST on Tuesday) so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Today's Topic: Ten Reasons I LOVE A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas

  1. Rhys. Rhysand. I feel like I don't need to give any other reason for this because Rhys is reason enough! He is just so complex and amazing and caring and a million other positive adjectives. 
  2. Feyre. Feyre is just so damn awesome. I am not even kidding. She started off so depressed and sad but then she grew. She grew so much throughout this book and overcame so many fears and negative thoughts. I empathized with her and related to her emotions and thoughts. 
  3. Rhys' inner circle otherwise known as his friends/family. They are goals! They are everything that I would want in friends and family. Azriel, Cassian, Mor, and Amren were so supportive of each other and of Feyre. They were brave, incredibly strong, and humorous. I loved learning about their backstories. 
  4. The Court of Dreams. This Court would most likely be mine. I just connected with it and the way that Rhys and his friends were dreamers and outcasts. They were misunderstood and I loved them more for it! 
  5. Velaris. That city was the city of my dreams. It was full of the Arts and I couldn't be more pleased. It was described beautifully and felt like a place of peace. 
  6. Second Book Syndrome. This book did not have the second book syndrome and I was so pleased with it. There are many second books in a trilogy that just lag or are incredibly depressing and saddening. A Court of Mist and Fury was the complete opposite. So much happened in this book and the plot and characters grew! 
  7. I loved the fact that this book had everything in it. There was action and fighting, romance and steamy moments, laughter and tears. This book just had it all!
  8. Speaking of steamy moments! I absolutely loved watching Feyre and Rhys grow in their relationship. They beautiful together and they just fit. I was all for Tamlin in the first book but once I really got to know Rhys I just couldn't say no. Plus those steamy moments between Rhys and Feyre? Perfection! ;)
  9. The cover. Totally random but I really, really love looking at the color. I adore the colors blue and red and these books are right on point for me. 
  10. The ending of this book was everything. I am dying in anticipation of the last book and that is because of the ending of this book. I learned some pretty surprising and exciting information about Lucien and, maybe even, Cassian! The ending was full of twists and turns that I did not see coming. I just can't wait!



10 comments:

  1. ACOTAR is on my TBR and I think it just moved up a few spots! Love your list and hopefully I'll read the books soon, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! Awesome and thanks! Definitely read it soon. :)

      Delete
  2. Ohhh I so agree with you on everything! (except maybe #9 I think it could have been better lol). I really love ACOMAF, it's definitely the real deal while ACOTAR is slightly shallow. It has amazing plots and character developments and I definitely love Rhys' inner circle. They're my squad goals! Great post.
    My TTT : https://pupuutc.wordpress.com/2016/06/07/top-10-tuesday-5-reasons-i-love-retelling/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I really just love the color of the cover lol. But Rhys' inner circle is definitely perfection. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love your list and I agree with every single one of your points! :) Especially Rhys. And Feyre and Velaris and the Court of Dreams. This book was just AMAZING in all aspects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Rhys and Feyre and the Court of Dreams! The book was soo good and I can't wait for the next one. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I have been really conflicted about reading this due to all the unacceptable behavior in the first one. I'm still torn.

    MY TTT LIST

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally understandable! I can see how there might be some more of that in this book but I know that I really enjoyed the growth in the characters, especially Feyre. I think her ability to overcome her fears and depression really resonated with me at a time that I needed it. :) I hope you enjoy it if you do decide to pick it up and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm reading ACOMAF right now and I'm loving it because I LOVE RHYSAND!!!! I liked Tamlin well enough in ACOTAR but once Rhys came into the picture I was like..Tamlin who? lol :D Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, exactly! I was all for Tamlin in the beginning but it's way to hard to resist Rhys. :D Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? :)