Monday, December 30, 2013

My favorites of 2013

Wow! I can not believe that 2013 is almost over and 2014 is on it's way. 2013 was a year full of so much reading for me. I really hope that 2014 will be an even better year for reading. :) Thinking back on the year, I picked some of the favorites that I read. It was really difficult because I came across quite a few diamonds in the rough. :) All the covers have links to Goodreads so you can read the summaries!

End of Series:
Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)Allegiant (Divergent, #3)

This year two of my favorite series ended and so, naturally, those two books are a part of my favorites.
Clockwork Princess was amazing and had me weeping like a baby in the end. The third and last book in The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare. I hated to see a good series end but I loved the way it ended. Allegiant was also the third and last book in the Divergent series by Veronica Roth. While the surprise ending left many readers upset and hurt, it was an awesome book nonetheless. Sure, I cried like an even bigger baby at the end but I loved the experience of feeling for some great characters. If you haven't read these books yet, make sure you do!

First in a Series:


Scarlet (Scarlet #1)The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1)

These next books were each a beginning of a series that I plan to keep reading. Scarlet was a great read for me with a nice cover as well. With it's unique take on the tale of Robin Hood and intriguing characters, I fell in love with this promising series. I can't wait to read the sequel soon! The Maze Runner was another favorite of mine. I jumped on the bandwagon a little later than everyone else but just in time for the movie coming out in 2014. I loved the characters and the suspenseful story! I also loved the sequel. I can't wait for the movie and Dylan O'Brien as Thomas! If you haven't read these book series' yet, then try them out soon!

Stand Alone:

EvanescentAlong for the Ride

I start a ton of series and it seems that, most of the time, I have to read books in a series. But, I do love stand alone books every once and awhile and these were some of my favorites. Evanescent was definitely a diamond in the rough and I'm so happy that I found it. It wasn't a long book but it's definitely worth your time and very magical! I also read another of Sarah Dessen's books which are always amazing. Along for the Ride was a great read and had a good story line and awesome characters. I recommend it to anyone!

Favorites in Series:


Origin (Lux, #4)Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)


These next books are a part of some of my favorite series but aren't the last books in the series. I LOVE the Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout and this year I was able to read the latest book, Origin. It's not the last book and that was obvious by the cliff hanger. Readers get tons of Damon and Katy, romance, suspense and humor! Dare You To is a part of The Pushing Limits series by Katie McGarry. It's the second book in the series but you don't have to read them in any order. I just recently read this outstanding novel and am so glad that I did. Be prepared for the feels if you do end up reading it! Read both if you haven't yet, you won't be disappointed!

New Series:




The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1)
And last but not least, a new series that was published this year! The 5th Wave was on my wishlist and I was completely excited to read it. I was not disappointed and I look forward to reading more of the series!

So those are my most favorite reads of 2013 and I'm so glad that I had many of them. I can't wait for next year and all the books to come! What were some of your favorites of this year?

Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)