Monday, December 23, 2013

Dare You To Review

Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)
Dare You To (Pushing the Limits #2)
By Katie McGarry
Published May 28th, 2013 by Harlequin Teen 
456 pages

5 stars - Brilliant!



Ryan lowers his lips to my ear. "Dance with me, Beth."

"No." I whisper the reply. I hate him and I hate myself for wanting him to touch me again....

"I dare you..."

If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does....

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all....
Review:
I just want to say that I am in LOVE Katie McGarry's writing! Pushing the Limits was a fantastic book with wonderful characters that were intriguing and if you thought that was good, you haven't seen anything yet. When I saw that Dare You To was a book about Beth I was, at first, a little unsure. I knew that Beth had some story behind her actions in Pushing the Limits but I never thought to think that her story would be so intense. Dare You To will grab you and hold your interest. I read it in almost one sitting because it was so suspenseful, romantic and thought provoking. 
Dare You To is told from Beth and Ryan's perspectives. Reading about both of them, I realized that they were characters that you could so easily judge if you didn't know their background stories. This is, of course, true with everyone in real life and that is what I loved about this book. It makes you think and realize things about yourself and everyone around you. But, back to the book.
Beth is such a strong female character and the things that she had to go through were definitely tough. But it was awesome to be able to see her grow and learn more about who she is. Ryan was a pretty strong character as well. His problems were obviously different from Beth's but they were issues all the same. Ryan grew as well and definitely learned more about who he wants to become and how he wants to act. I loved the relationship between the two of them and how it slowly grew. It didn't happen over night, it took awhile and they were able to grow together. I also enjoyed reading about Lacy and all of Ryan and Beth's other friends. We see some old friends as well, like Isaiah and Noah. 
I just loved this book and I'm not exactly sure how to express how great this story is. I cried, I laughed, and I held my breath in suspense. Dare You To will make you feel so much and will have you rooting for the characters as they fight their battles. McGarry doesn't disappoint and keeps you wanting more. I can't wait to be able to read the next book because I know it will be fantastic as well. I definitely recommend you read this book now! In fact, I Dare You To. :) 
(Sorry, I had to do it!)
Vanessa


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)