Monday, December 9, 2013

Deadly Cool Review

Deadly Cool (Deadly Cool, #1)
Deadly Cool (Deadly Cool #1)
By Gemma Halliday
Published October 11th, 2011 by Harper Teen
303 pages

4 stars - Very Interesting!



Hartley Grace Featherstone is having a very bad day. First she finds out that her boyfriend is cheating on her with the president of the Herbert Hoover High School Chastity Club. Then he’s pegged as the #1 suspect in a murder. And if that weren’t enough, now he’s depending on Hartley to clear his name. 

But as much as Hartley wouldn’t mind seeing him squirm, she knows he’s innocent, and she’s the only one who can help him. Along with her best friend, Sam, and the school’s resident Bad Boy, Chase, Hartley starts investigating on her own. But as the dead bodies begin to pile up, the mystery deepens, the suspects multiply, and Hartley begins to fear that she may be the killer’s next victim.


Review:

Deadly Cool was nothing like what I expected it to be, it was better. I didn't think it would be too interesting or intriguing but it really was. I found it to be funny with some witty banter and suspenseful as well. There was a hint of some romance but this book focuses mainly on solving the school murder.

Hartley was a funny and pretty smart girl. I enjoyed reading through her perspective and enjoyed watching her solve the mystery. She definitely has some bad luck throughout the book but in the end things go pretty well. I liked her friend Sam and, of course, Chase as well. I would have liked to see a little more between Chase and Hartley but at the same time, I felt the relationship between them worked. The friendship was just that, a friendship. I also thought Hartley's ex-boyfriend was kind of stupid but you can read about him yourself. :)

All in all, Deadly Cool was a book that made me smile and cringe. The investigating parts were suspenseful and some of the things that Hartley finds were disturbing. I enjoyed trying to figure out who the murderer could be but in the end, I was just as surprised as some of the characters. For a first book in a series, Deadly Cool was a great start. I can't wait to read the next book because I want to see the characters again. Entertaining and intriguing, you won't want to miss out on Deadly Cool.
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)