Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Ugly Love Review

Ugly Love
Ugly Love 
By Colleen Hoover
Published August 5th, 2014 by Atria Books
337 pages
New Adult

5 stars - AMAZING! 


When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she knows it isn’t love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.

Never ask about the past.
Don’t expect a future.

They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.

Hearts get infiltrated.
Promises get broken.
Rules get shattered.
Love gets ugly. 

Review:

After having read a few of Colleen Hoover's books it seems to me that she can do no wrong. Seriously! I have really enjoyed her books and Ugly Love was no exception. I don't even know if I can adequately describe this amazing novel. There is so much to be said but I also feel that you shouldn't know too much before going into this book.

I didn't know too much at all before I read this. I just figured it was another one of Hoover's and picked it up. I'm pretty glad that I just jumped in because I was completely enthralled with trying to figure everything out. Ugly Love is told in Tate's perspective which describes everything that is happening in the present. It is also told in Miles' perspective which actually takes place in the past. I loved that Hoover wrote the book in this fashion. It really helped me understand what Miles was going through and how he became the way he is in the present. 

Tate is such an awesome character. She is kind and caring and I love her attitude. She isn't perfect because she is real. She gets confused by her feelings and doesn't always know what to do but I was right along with her. 

Miles is a complex character and has such an interesting past. He doesn't seem like a great character in the beginning and when we see him through Tate's eyes. He is aloof and focused on his career. He doesn't ever want to talk about his past or his future. But as the book goes on we get to see more of his true self come out. We also get to see more of Miles' past and there really are no words for it. I don't want to give anything away but I just felt for Miles. I felt so bad for him and really came to love his character. 

The ending of this book is filled with so much emotion and Hoover made me cry (once again). I love the way that everything wraps up. Ugly Love is definitely a little heavier but there are some wonderful moments throughout. I have to say that Colleen Hoover might be one of my favorite New Adult authors because she makes these books and characters so easy to connect with. Check it out if you haven't yet!

Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)