Monday, March 4, 2013

Ember Book Review

Ember (Death Collectors, #1)
Ember (Death Collectors #1)
By Jessica Sorensen
Published August 29th, 2012 by Borrowed Hearts Publishing
330 pages

4.5 stars - Amazing!!



What if you knew when someone was going to die?

For seventeen-year-old Ember, life is death. With a simple touch, she knows when someone will die. It’s her curse and the reason she secludes herself from the world. The only person who knows her secret is her best friend Raven. 

Then she meets Asher Morgan. He’s gorgeous, mysterious, and is the only person Ember can't sense death from. So when he pushes into her life, she doesn’t mind.

But when unexplained deaths start to haunt her town, Ember starts questioning why she can’t sense Asher's death and what he may be hiding.

Jessica Sorensen has done it again! At least she has in my opinion. So far the books that I have read from Sorensen have been amazing and quite interesting. Ember doesn't disappoint and is an intoxicating start to what seems to be a great new series.

I don't want to give too much away because the less you know the more interesting the story is. There were so many times that I thought I knew where the story was going and who the bad guy was but just ended up being surprised, it a fantastic way. The whole book is suspenseful and the ending is even better, there is not one dull moment. Reading the synopsis I wasn't really sure what Ember would be about and whatever I was thinking, this book was even better. I loved Ember and especially Asher :). I felt so bad for Ember at times and even Raven because they each had difficulties in their lives.

 Ember can see when someone is going to die and how they will die whenever she touches them. But then she meets Asher and she finds that he is the one person who's death she can't see. So what can this mean? Then everyone starts disappearing or dying and the police are looking at Ember as a suspect but if it's not her killing people then who is? Who can Ember trust in a town where frightening things are going on?

Once again I felt that Ember was a riveting book, it really was. I read it in a day and couldn't stop until I finished it. Ember was different from what I've been reading and I enjoyed that. Though of course it might be a little on the darker side what with everything that goes on. But if that kind of stuff doesn't bother you then Ember shouldn't bother you at all either. I really can't wait for the second book to come out because I want to know what will become of all the characters. Ember isn't just a book about a girl being able to see someone's death, there is definitely more going on to the story than the synopsis says. And once again I don't want to share too much because I feel like the book will be more enjoyable if you find the secrets out on your own. I guess all I can say is that I recommend this book if you have loved any of Jessica's other books or series. It is definitely worth buying. Check it out for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)