Sunday, March 24, 2013

Clockwork Princess Review

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)
Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3)
By Cassandra Clare
Published March 19th, 2013 by Margaret K. McElderry Books
568 pages

5 stars - AMAZING BOOK!!!!!!



Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy

Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?
Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.
A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.



Oh My Gosh!!!! I finished Clockwork Princess just around 3 in the morning  today and I can't believe that this beautiful series had ended. As much as I'm going to miss reading more about my favorite characters I have to say that Clockwork Princess ended things wonderfully. I can't tell you how much I cried during this book and they were tears of sadness and tears of joy. This last book was breathtaking and fantastic. It gives you action and romance and times of sadness and heartbreak but it also gives you joy and if you've fallen in love with this series like I have, it gives you peace. 

I don't want to say too much because I really don't want to spoil anything. Clockwork Princess ended in a way I didn't expect but enjoyed. There were so many times that I thought I knew what was going to happen and then Cassandra surprised me (good surprises). All I have to say is that all the characters grew in this book and there were many loose ends tied. You can even see some things that come through in the Mortal Instruments if you have read those books before these. Tessa grew so much during this book and I am even more convinced that she is a strong female character. She realized who she was and what that would mean for her future. Will grew as well and you could see how great of a male character he was becoming and just how great of a man he would become. Jem goes through so much as well and just like the other characters changes and grows. The three characters all together go through so much apart and with each other. They are all so close with each other and there is just a lot that transpires between them. Oh and the relationships between Tessa and Will and Tessa and Jem were wonderful. I can't say too much but just know that you could be surprised by the turn of events. Will and Jem's relationship is just as great as the love triangle and though it's not  a romantic relationship it is something just as great. I just loved watching the bond between Will and Jem, not just through this book but the others as well, and seeing them grow together and have to make tough decisions together and apart was fantastic. It was also heartbreaking at points.

Besides the three main characters many more were brought back and I loved reading their stories. We had Gideon and Sophie and Gabriel and Cecily and Charlotte and Henry. These characters grew as well, especially Gabriel I feel. So much happens in Clockwork Princess but its not overwhelming. It's interesting and suspenseful and in the end its fulfilling. Like I said earlier, I laughed and I cried, I really did cry like a baby though, and I just loved this book. Oh and with the collectors first edition the cover is really a family tree. Just don't look at it before you finish reading unless you wan't to be spoiled. I loved the family tree and it was amazing to see where some of the characters fit into it. Clockwork Princess was beautiful book with a riveting ending. The epilogue was just...well you should read it for yourself. I feel like I have no words to describe to you how amazing this book was. Cassandra Clare has done it again and has made this series an even more favorite of mine. All I can say is that I recommend you read this book if you haven't yet because you really don't want to miss this ending to a wonderful series.

Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)