Sunday, March 17, 2013

Clockwork Angel Review

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)













Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1)
By Cassandra Clare
Published August 31st, 2010 by Margaret K. McElderry Books
476 pages

5 stars- Amazing Book!!!



Magic is dangerous—but love is more dangerous still.

When sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray crosses the ocean to find her brother, her destination is England, the time is the reign of Queen Victoria, and something terrifying is waiting for her in London's Downworld, where vampires, warlocks and other supernatural folk stalk the gaslit streets. Only the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons, keep order amidst the chaos.

Kidnapped by the mysterious Dark Sisters, members of a secret organization called The Pandemonium Club, Tessa soon learns that she herself is a Downworlder with a rare ability: the power to transform, at will, into another person. What’s more, the Magister, the shadowy figure who runs the Club, will stop at nothing to claim Tessa's power for his own.

Friendless and hunted, Tessa takes refuge with the Shadowhunters of the London Institute, who swear to find her brother if she will use her power to help them. She soon finds herself fascinated by—and torn between—two best friends: James, whose fragile beauty hides a deadly secret, and blue-eyed Will, whose caustic wit and volatile moods keep everyone in his life at arm's length . . . everyone, that is, but Tessa. As their search draws them deep into the heart of an arcane plot that threatens to destroy the Shadowhunters, Tessa realizes that she may need to choose between saving her brother and helping her new friends save the world. . . . and that love may be the most dangerous magic of all.


Ok I'm finally writing my review for Clockwork Angel! I figured since Clockwork Princess is coming out Tuesday I'd better put up the reviews for the other 2 books first. Like the Mortal Instrument Series I fell in love with the Infernal Devices Series. I really absolutely love Clockwork Angel. It's interesting, riveting, amazing, romantic, action packed and pretty funny all in one. 


Clockwork Angel is set in a Victorian England era and really makes you feel like you are there. The characters are wonderful and it was easy for me to care about them. I loved Tessa and I also loved the fact that she loved to read, haha. She was a great female character and it was interesting to see how she acted because of the time period she was in. She is also a Downworlder and not a Shadowhunter which I liked because we got to see how it is to be a Downworlder. She learned so many things about who she is and she did it all without any family members around her. The other two characters that I fell in love with were Will and Jem. I loved Jem's sweetness and strength. He was a great friend to both Will and Tessa and he wasn't bitter despite what he was going through. Will was definitely witty and funny and at times he made sure to keep everybody at arms length but there was more to him than he let everyone see. Plus he also loved to read :). 


There were of course more characters and all brilliant in their own ways but I don't want to spoil anything. I actually don't really know what to say because I fear that if I get going I'll spoil something. All I can say is that Cassandra Clare did it again with this book and series. I read Mortal Instruments first and while waiting for other books to come out I started on this series. You don't have to read one or the other first because they make sense on their own. The book was just plain awesome, it was intriguing. I was able to learn more about the world of Shadowhunters and Downworlders. Just like the cover it was magical. So I suggest you pick this book up and the others as well and see for yourself what I'm raving about. 



Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)