Sunday, March 17, 2013

Clockwork Prince Review

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)
Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices #2)
By Cassandra Clare
Published December 6th, 2011 by Margaret K. McElderry Books
502 pages

5 stars - Pure Awesomeness! 




In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street—and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa’s powers for his own dark ends.

With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister’s war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move—and that one of their own has betrayed them.

Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will—the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?

As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.

Review:
Ok now I'm finally able to write my review for the second book in The Infernal Devices Series, Clockwork Prince. I didn't think it was possible, and I should have known, but Clockwork Prince was even better than the first book. It was just amazing. It had me laughing and crying at the same time. It was a thrilling book that honestly broke my heart at times. And so here is where I have a problem, I don't know how to even begin explaining how much I enjoyed this book. I know that there are people out there, just like with every book, that don't like it or didn't enjoy it but like I always say, make  your own decsion. Even though I'm telling you that you should read this awesome book decide for yourself if you think it sounds interesting. And you never know if you never try. :)
But back to the review, Tessa, Will and Jem are back along with their Shadowhunter family and Magnus :). The book brings even more trials for the characters but they get through it. Reading this I was even more convinced at how strong Tessa is as a female character and how loving and just plain awesome she is. She figures out so many secrets in this book and is well on her way to figuring out who she is as well. Of course the love triangle intensifies in this book and usually I know exactly who the people should end up with but with this one I have no idea. I love both Will and Jem the same because they both bring different things to the story. Jem is, like I said before, strong and just kind and devoted. You get to see not only his and Tessa's relationship grow but his and Will's as well. He is just a great friend and he really deserves happiness as  you will find out when you read more about his story. And with the same intensity of love that I have for Jem, I have the same for Will. I know that not that many people think Will is a great character what with his attitude and him pushing everyone away all the time but when you figure out why Will does these things it really helps you see him. I don't want to spoil anything so I'm not going to say much more on that subject but when you read you'll find out why Will acts the way he does and if your like me that'll make you love him even more. 
That's probably another thing I loved about this book. We get to read about the characters backgrounds and we find out more about them. It's just intriguing and made me care about them even more. The other characters like Sophie and Gideon and Gabriel and Charlotte and the list goes on were once again amazing as well. The book doesn't just focus on a few main characters, you get to feel love for the others as well. 
So I guess what I'm trying to say is that Clockwork Prince was pretty great. And even though it made me cry I loved reading it. Cassandra Clare did it once again and right now I really can't wait to find out the ending to a fantastic series. Clockwork Princess comes out in just a very few days and I am super excited. So if you haven't read this book yet, read it now! You won't be disappointed at least I hope you wont, I know I wasn't. 
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)