Friday, November 17, 2017

7 YA Reads Perfect for Fall!


Hello Folks! It is definitely Fall around here and actually starting to kind of feel like Winter… But if you are like me and are a mood reader or choose books that fit the weather outside, then you might enjoy this list! :) Here is my list of 7 books that you could read this Fall.




Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1)
by Maggie Stiefvater


I first read The Raven Boys a few years ago during the Fall so maybe that is why I feel like one should read this series during the Fall. This book is magical and yet it’s not. If you don’t understand what I’m saying, then read this book and see for yourself. Either way, I really enjoyed this book and so did a bunch of other people! This is a fantasy series that follows a somewhat odd, yet endearing, group of friends in their quest to find a dead and magical King.

It really does feel like Fall when you read this charming book!




The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #1)
by Michelle Hodkin 


Ahh, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is a total favorite of mine and not just because Noah Shaw is present. (But he’s a relatively decent portion of why.) ;)

This first book takes place during the beginning of the school year which is around this time of year so there’s that. But this book is also somewhat of a mystery, very twisty, suspenseful, and somewhat dark. If that doesn’t feel like Fall to you, then I don’t know what does! But for real, try this one if you are in a slump for something mysterious and, at times, confusing. :) Oh! The beautiful Noah Shaw also has his spinoff/companion novel that was just recently released for those of you that have devoured Mara Dyer’s books already.


Chasing Truth (Eleanor Ames #1)
by Julie Cross


Chasing Truth is a novel that I was able to receive an ARC of and I just devoured it! This is a YA suspense novel and totally worth your time. I seldom read realistic fiction but this one was hard to say no to. A former con artist trying to solve a mystery and the suspicious guy she crosses paths with? Sign Me Up!

This one takes place during the school year as well and, once again, it just feels like Fall. And suspense and mystery are perfect to read during the chilly weather and gray skies, right? Pick this one up if you haven’t yet!






The Female of the Species
by Mindy McGinnis


The Female of the Species is another realistic fiction or contemporary YA that I absolutely LOVED. I could not put this book down and it destroyed me and made me FEEL all at once.

Not going to say much about this because the less you know, the better off you are! But know this, The Female of the Species is soo good! It feels like Fall to me because these characters live around forests/woods and nothing says Fall better than trees. Plus this one takes place during the school year as well!






Obsidian (Lux #1)
by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Squee! Obsidian is one of my ABSOLUTE FAVORITES! I love Jennifer L. Armentrout and this is the first book of her’s that I fell in love with. Hot Aliens! Need I say more? Not everyone loves this series but I love it and that means you should give it a try. ;)

Obsidian takes place in a town that is small and surrounded by mountains and wilderness and that makes me think of Fall. Plus, this one takes place during the school year and they celebrate Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas so it feels right to read this one every Fall. Also, Daemon! Sigh…






Evanescent 
by Gabriella Lepore


DUDES! Evanescent is a book that I randomly found on Amazon in the Free Kindle Book section. I read this and was then changed forever! This is such an enchanting and beautiful read and I LOVED it so much. This book is legit Fall and if you have never seen this or read it, do it now! I wish I could read it for the first time again... 

I guess I'll just have to reread it.









Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter #1)
by J.K. Rowling


And last but not least, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone! Harry Potter is a must for anyone to read during the Fall season. I am always reading the entire series during the Fall and also watching the movies because nothing is better during the harsh cold/gloomy days. I don’t think much more needs to be said about this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)