Monday, March 3, 2014

Scarlet Review

Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)
Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2)
By Marissa Meyer
Published February 5th, 2013 by Feiwel and Friends
454 pages

5 stars - Amazing Sequel!!



The fates of Cinder and Scarlet collide as a Lunar threat spreads across the Earth...


Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She's trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she'll be the Commonwealth's most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn't know about her grandmother or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother's whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner.

Review:

After reading Cinder I couldn't wait to read the next book. Scarlet was an awesome sequel and brought even more to the table. There are new characters introduced as well as new issues. We also have the characters we grew to love in Cinder. Scarlet was full of suspense, humor, action, and some romance. I can't wait to read the next book and find out more about my favorite characters.

In this sequel we are introduced to Scarlet Benoit. Scarlet was another strong female character and I enjoyed reading through her eyes. She is a few years older than Cinder and lives in Paris. I loved how Scarlet was meant to be Red Riding Hood and Wolf was obviously meant to be the wolf. Wolf was an interesting character and I new something was different about him when he was first introduced. Can I also say that I am loving the relationship between the two of them? Well I am. :) Cinder is back and trying to escape the prison when she meets a new friend, Carswell Thorne. Thorne is an interesting character and quite funny. I'm interested to see what happens with him in the next book. Kai is back but he is stuck in the palace as he is the emperor now, and we don't get to see any one on one time with him and Cinder. :(  There are many more characters introduced and slowly we are able to see that everyone is connected in some way. I love how Marissa was able to do that.

We learn more about Queen Levana and what her plans are in this installment. We also learn more about Princess Selene, aka Cinder. There is quite a lot of action and the ending is definitely suspenseful! One of my favorite parts about this series is that fairy tales are mixed in with the new age technology. We have the future and the classics mixed together and I couldn't enjoy it more. I'm excited for the new book and I can not wait to get my hands on it! I love these characters and the story line. If you haven't read this sequel yet, then you definitely need to! It's even better than the first. :) Check it out!

Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)