Monday, December 2, 2013

Review: The Lost Prince

The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)
The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten #1)
By Julie Kagawa
Published October 23rd, 2012 by Harlequin Teen 
377 pages

5 stars - Amazing Spin off! 



Don’t look at Them. Never let Them know you can see Them.

That is Ethan Chase’s unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he’d dare to fall for.

Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister’s world—the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myth and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten.

Review:

I loved the original Iron Fey series and I really think Kagawa's writing is phenomenal so I was excited to read this spin off series. I remember reading about Ethan and thinking how cute he was and it was great to be able to read a book in his perspective.

Ethan has definitely had it hard because of the fey and I did feel bad for him. He was also pretty upset with Meghan, his sister, for bringing the Fey to his world in the first place. Ethan is grown up and kind of portrayed as the "bad boy" but he obviously has his reasons for being the way he is. Throughout the book, I so wanted Ethan to be able to understand everything that Meghan did for him and the family. I felt sad that he was feeling left behind and what not but I also wanted him to talk to Meghan about everything. Anyways, Ethan was a pretty cool character and despite now having Fey powers, he was able to kick some faery butt. :) I feel like he does kind of grow throughout this first book but I also think he still has a ways to go.

We are introduced to some new characters, including one that I really adore but I can't tell you about because it would be spoilerish. We are also introduced to some old characters!!! I was pretty excited about this because not only do you get to meet some old friends but also a mysterious cat. It was great to see Ethan's reaction to everyone and to the land of the Faery. We have a love interest, Kenzie, and she's a pretty likable character as well. I'd like to see some more about her though. And then there is Keirran, who I loved just as much as Ethan. He was awesome, a great character and a nice guy. I can't say who he is exactly but if you've read The Iron Knight then you'll know. :)

The Lost Prince was definitely interesting and brought readers back into the world of Faery. It was suspenseful, full of action and adventure and, of course, some romance. Fans of The Iron Fey series will enjoy this book. Ethan's perspective is different than Meghan's but it's one that is welcomed. I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to read the next one because I have to know what happens to all my beloved characters! So try it out!

Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)