Hey everyone! Can you believe that summer will soon be over? It's already August and a lot of us will be starting school soon. So I thought I'd make a list of some contemporary or summer-ish books that you should give a try before school starts. Or the end of summer. Whichever comes first I guess. So here is a list of 5 books that I've read this summer and have enjoyed! I hope you enjoy as well. And let me know if you've read any of these books or if you are excited to. :)
*Books listed in no particular order.*
1. Little Black Dresses by Laura Stampler - Harper Anderson is about to have one exciting summer because she just landed her dream internship as a dating blogger at the magazine Shift. There's just one problem: Harper doesn't actually know anything about dating. Follow Harper as she tries her best to give dating advice, explores New York City, has run-ins with the neighborhood dog-walker, and learns more about herself all by the end of summer! An awesome and witty book that kept me laughing and reading all through the day! Published 2016 (4 stars)
2. P.S. I Like You by Kasie West - Kasie West is at it again with this sweet and addicting read! Things get interesting for Lily in her boring chemistry class when someone anonymously responds to her scribbled song lyrics on her desk. Soon Lily has herself a pen pal that has the same taste in music and understands her worries and frustrations. Now Lily wants to find out who this mysterious person is but will she like what she finds out? Find out yourself in this fun and addictive read! Published 2016. (4 stars)
3. The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West - Another Kasie West book that is funny and addictive. When Gia's boyfriend dumps her in the parking lot during her high school prom, Gia has to find a solution quick. Enter fill-in boyfriend. Gia makes it through the night with her fake boyfriend but soon finds that she can forget him quite so easily. Follow Gia as she learns more about herself, finds out who her real friends are, and grows more attached to her fill-in boyfriend. This was published last year but was such an easy book to get caught up in. I finished this one in one night and laughed and swooned along the way. (4 stars)
4. The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson - Andie's summer before senior year was already planned and ready to go off without a hitch. Until it wasn't. After a scandal involving her politician father, Andie realizes that she doesn't know how her summer is going to turn out at all. That doesn't stop Andie from having an amazing summer full of adorable dogs, a cute guy, fun with friends, and a father she's getting to know all over again. The unexpected can be fun every once and awhile! I definitely enjoyed this summer read and LOVED Clark! Plus there are dogs. Dogs are always fun. Published 2016. (4 stars)
5. We Own the Night by Ashley Poston - Ingrid is an eighteen year old outcast that has dreams that are larger than the graduating class of her small town high school. She works at a candy shop during the day but is free to be herself as, "Niteowl" the deejay, by night. Throughout the summer Iggy will learn more about herself, her friends, and her talents. But she will also experience heartbreak of various natures and wonder if her dreams are pursue-able. What Iggy doesn't know is that by the end of it all she'll be surprised in more ways that one. This was such an awesome read for me! A mix of music and friendship can never go wrong. :) Find out more about Iggy and her friends in this summer read! Published 2016. (4 stars)
There you have it! I hope you enjoyed my list of 5 books that you should definitely give a try before the end of the summer.