Monday, January 12, 2015

The Retribution of Mara Dyer Review

The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #3)
The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #3)
By Michelle Hodkin 
Published November 4th, 2014 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
470 pages

5 stars - AMAZING CONCLUSION!!!


Mara Dyer wants to believe there's more to the lies she’s been told.
There is.

She doesn’t stop to think about where her quest for the truth might lead.
She should.

She never had to imagine how far she would go for vengeance.
She will now.

Loyalties are betrayed, guilt and innocence tangle, and fate and chance collide in this shocking conclusion to Mara Dyer’s story.

Retribution has arrived.

Review:

Wow. What a stunning conclusion to such an amazing trilogy! I cannot believe that it is already over and that I have to say good-bye to some of my favorite characters. I finished this book at the end of 2014 but am just now getting to the review. I guess it is because I'm not really sure if I can adequately describe this book! So I won't say too much because I don't want to spoil anything. And when reading any of the Mara Dyer books it is really best to not know too much beforehand. 

The last book starts off where the second one ended and almost right from the start there is action. There is also a ton of mystery and suspicion. So much goes on throughout this book and it is shorter that the one before it! Mara and her friends grow quite a bit and just about become who they really are. They realize that they aren't all that good or all that bad, they are just who they are. Mara especially realizes this and goes through many traumatic experiences but she keeps on going no matter what. Not too many new characters are introduced but we do get to see some familiar ones. My only problem is that there is not too much of Noah throughout the book and Noah is one of my favorites. :) 

I guess I would say that this last book is a little more violent that the first two. But if violence doesn't bother you, then I don't think you'll have an issue with it. I didn't but I thought I'd let ya know. Readers learn more information and, of course, the rest of our questions are answered. We learn more about the past and more about the present. There were a few secrets that I didn't figure out till near the end and I applaud Hodkin for that. There is of course action, suspense, mystery, TEARS, and ROMANCE!! Those last two were very important to me. :) All in all, I enjoyed this book immensely! I couldn't put it down and finished it one day (sadly). I have really enjoyed this trilogy and am sad to see it end. I do hope that Hodkin will write some more stories because the Mara Dyer trilogy was brilliant. Check it out now!!!

Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)