Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Cinder Review

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1)
By Marissa Meyer
Published January 3rd, 2012 by Feiwel and Friends
387 pages

4.5 stars - AMAZING!!



Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. 


Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.


Review:

I know that I haven't posted a review in about two weeks, and that was because my TBR pile was empty. Very upsetting to tell you the truth. But I was finally able to get around to reading this book last week when I found it in my library! I don't know what took me so long but I have finally joined the club. I can not wait to get the next book and read more about Cinder and everyone else!

Although Cinder has some similarities to the classic Cinderella, it isn't really a retelling. Cinder is it's own story and it's full of awesomeness! The book is set in the future which will explain why so many things are different. Cinder is actually the main character in this book and she is a cyborg who is great with machines. I loved her. She is smart and strong and she was even able to grow throughout the story. She lives with her stepmother and stepsisters in New Beijing and life with them isn't easy. Peony, the youngest stepsister, is actually quite kind and I enjoyed her personality. She is the only one that is kind to Cinder in her family. Cinder's closet friend is an android known as Iko, and she has a personality chip in her that makes her lovable and supportive. Another person I enjoyed reading about was Prince Kai. We don't get a ton about him but we are able to read through his perspective at times. He was definitely charming and really kind to Cinder. I loved the scenes between the two and hope to be able to see more! Then we have Queen Levana who was dreadful and frightening at the same time. She comes from Luna and has quite a few plans for planet Earth.

I really felt for Cinder throughout the whole book. She has had to live a life where she is different from so many people and, yet, she was incredibly strong throughout the whole book. This book was definitely full of awesome characters and a great plot. The story was interesting and had me reading through the night. I didn't want to put it down! I wish I had read this sooner but I'm excited to read the rest of the series. This book had suspense, action and a little romance. And you'll be cheering for Cinder throughout the book and near the end! The ending is awesome and I can't wait to read the next book, Scarlet. Cinder is a mix of everything I love, some fantasy and some science fiction! If you haven't read Cinder yet, then you need to read it now!

Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)