Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Cornerstone (#1)

Cornerstone (The Cornerstone Series, #1)
Cornerstone (The Cornerstone Series #1)
By Misty Provencher
Self - Published November 7th, 2011
219 pages

4.5 stars - Check this out!!






Nalena Maxwell has been branded ‘The Waste’ at her new school, due to her mom's obsessive paper hoarding. Nalena desperately wants something to change in her life, but when she receives a sign (and it's the wrong dang one) inviting her into a mysterious, ancient community, too much changes. What she knew of her family, what she thought of her life and what she believed about her future, is no longer applicable. Seventeen years worth of family skeletons come crashing into Nalena's life and it is the boy...the one that smiles at her like he wants to hear everything she'll ever say...that already knows her powerful secrets. But it is only Nalena that can choose between protecting the life that is already crumbling beneath her feet and the one that might sacrifice everything she could ever have.

Yet again another great book by a self published author! I'm telling your right now that I couldn't even tell that this book was self - published at all. I was looking for books to buy on my kindle and I came across this one. I wasn't sure at first whether I was going to like it or not but I definitely loved it! Cornerstone was a great book and was pretty different from the usual, at least I thought it was.

Nalena Maxwell has to live with being called "The Waste" at school because her mom has a hoarding problem. Nalena's mom hoards paper and its been that way ever since Nalena was young. Not always being able to pay the bills or keep their homes is getting tiring for Nalena and she wants something to change. What she doesn't realize is how much her life is going to change real fast. It all starts the night that Nalena meets Garrett at the library and ends up being attacked in the woods. From then on Nalena is pulled into a world she didn't think existed. Nalena and her mom are part of a secret society where almost everyone is born with a power that they can choose to take or not. Oh and to make things worse at school, Garrett the hot and popular guy at school seems to have taken an interest in her, but why? And how does Nalena's mom even know Garrett's family? Nalena will have to choose the correct future in order to save her family and even mankind.

Cornerstone was a great story and it instantly drew me in. I loved the characters and all their personalities. We have the main characters, Nalena and Garrett, and then we have their families. I definitely loved Garrett's siblings and parents. I felt like almost every moment was interesting. I mean you have this girl who has been ridiculed and she finds out that there is more to her life that just what she knows. I loved Garrett because he was such a great guy, he knows how to do so much which you'll see in the book. The end definitely surprised me because I really didn't see it coming and that is again something that I look for in books. I laughed, I cried and I got mad and that is what makes a great book for me. So check this out and see for yourself.

Vanessa



No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)