Saturday, December 1, 2012

Onyx (Lux #2)

Onyx (Lux, #2)
Onyx (Lux #2)
By Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published August 14th, 2012 by Entangled Teen
366 pages

5 stars - AMAZING!!




Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…

Oh my gosh!! I loved this book even more than the first one! Just last week I was finally able to purchase Onyx and I'm so glad that I did because it was really amazing. 
Onyx starts off right were Obsidian left off and all our old characters are back, along with a few new ones. And along with new characters there are also new problems. Something is wrong with Katy and it could be life threatening to not only her but everyone one around her. The Arum are also back along with the Department of Defense which isn't a good sign at all. Plus there's a new kid in school and even though he seems sweet there is a secret he is hiding as well. Katy must figure out who to trust and who to keep an eye out for because nobody is safe. 
So I know that that summary was kind of vague but I don't want to give away too much. I was actually surprised by a lot of the events that went on. First I would think that I knew what was going to happen and then the next minute it all changed. This was something I loved yet again, not knowing what would happen in the end. I also loved the characters which we met in the first book. I feel like we got to see Katy grow more in this book and not just have to rely on someone else all the time. Then there was Daemon who is just great all around but this time we got to see his true feelings for his family and Kat. I laughed at the banter between Daemon and Katy and I cried at a few parts as well. This was an all around good book and for being a sequel in a series it was even better. I just can't wait to read the next book! Oh and there is a pretty great surprise at the end of Onyx that will either be good for the characters or make life harder. So anyways, overall I absolutely adored this book and I suggest you check it out as well.
Thanks,
Vanessa


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)