Monday, December 24, 2012

Finale Review

Finale (Hush, Hush, #4)
Finale (Hush, Hush #4)
By Becca Fitzpatrick
Published October 23rd by Simon and Schuster Books for Young Readers
454 pages

5 stars! - An Amazingly Great Ending!!



Will love conquer all?


Nora and Patch thought their troubles were behind them. Hank is gone and they should be able to put his ugly vendetta to rest. But in Hank's absence, Nora has become the unwitting head of the Nephilim and must finish what Hank began. Which ultimately means destroying the fallen angels - destroying Patch.

Nora will never let that happen, so she and Patch make a plan: lead everyone to believe they have broken up, and work the system from the inside. Nora will convince the Nephilim that they are making a mistake in fighting the fallen angels, and Patch will find out everything he can from the opposing side. They will end this war before it can even begin.

But the best-laid plans often go awry. Nora is put through the paces in her new role and finds herself drawn to an addictive power she never anticipated.
As the battle lines are drawn, Nora and Patch must confront the differences that have always been between them and either choose to ignore them or let them destroy the love they have always fought for.

Oh my gosh!! I just finished reading Finale yesterday and I can't believe that its all over.  I'm going to really miss all of the wonderful characters, especially Patch :). Finale was an amazing conclusion to this brilliant series and I have to say that I feel very content with the outcome. I'm not going to give a summary because I don't want to give away any spoilers.
I will say that we have all the old characters back along with some new ones. There are some unexpected friendships that are started and betrayals that even I didn't see coming. The relationship I loved the most though was between Patch and Nora. I loved how they were able to stick together even though there were many things getting in the way. We don't get to see Vee as much as in the other books and while that upset me a little in the end it was worth it because we learn about a few secrets that Vee has been keeping from Nora. We get to see Scott and even Marcie plus a new character, Dante. To tell you the truth I wasn't totally sold on him in the beginning and I was a little suspicious of him as well. But I won't say anything more so I don't give anything away. One thing I will say is that Nora grew in this book. She had so much to deal with in this story and I really felt for her and her stresses. Of course she also gained power and strength since she is a full Nephilim now.
Ahh I just loved this book and I don't know what to say to justify its greatness! It didn't ever get boring and there were twists and an ending that even I didn't see coming. I laughed and cried along with the characters. There were questions that were answered and some of my wishes were granted as well :). Oh and just so you know Detective Basso shows up again and there is definitely something up with him but I'll let you figure it out on your own. Anyways just wow, I can't believe that this amazing series is over! I loved reading each book and once again I'll definitely miss these wonderful characters. This last book holds so many answers to all the questions and secrets are finally told. The ending is incredible and sad all at the same time. If you haven't read this book yet read it now! And if you haven't read this series yet then read it now! I really want to say more but then I start spoiling things and no one wants that. Also I bought the book from Walmart which had a lost letter from Patch to Nora in it. If any of you get this the letter is great as well. It took all my strength to not read it before reading the book but it was worth the wait. 
So I hope everyone has a good holiday and don't forget to check this book out for yourself!
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)