Monday, February 24, 2014

Unravel Me Review

Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)
Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2)
By Tahereh Mafi
Published February 5th, 2013 by HarperCollins
461 pages

5 stars - AMAZING!!!


tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
it's almost
time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life.

Review:

Wow. I can't tell you how much I love Mafi's writing. Unravel Me was amazing, thrilling and spectacular. I couldn't put this book down and am dying right now because I have to wait to read the next book! In my opinion, Unravel Me is a book that you don't want to miss.

It took me awhile to be able to get my hands on this book, but after a few pages I was able to get back into it. Again, Mafi's way with words is awesome. The style this series is written in is one of the things that keeps me wanting more. I also love the characters. Juliette has definitely had a difficult life, and I've said it before, but I feel for her character. Some readers might feel that Juliette spends most of this book feeling sorry for herself, but I wouldn't totally agree. Sure, Juliette feels guilty and upset throughout most of the book, but who wouldn't with what she's been through. After awhile she is able to grow and put aside her feelings. She is able to realize that she has friends who want to help her, and that there people that need her help as well. Things are definitely not easy for Juliette in this book and you'll see what I mean when you read it. Adam is present but kind of secretive. He has some big news throughout the book, about himself and Juliette. Then we have Warner. Warner gets a lot more page time in this book and I loved learning more about him. There are more levels to him than just the evil and anger that we see. Readers should also get ready for more page time of Juliette's relationship with both guys. Along with our main characters, we learn more about a few other characters, including Kenji, Warner's father, and more.

The characters were amazing and the story was amazing as well. There was suspense, action and definitely romance. We learn more about The Reestablishment and Omega Point. We meet quite a few new characters and learn a ton more about our lead characters. New relationships are formed and current ones are left hanging by a thread. This book had me hooked and unable to stop reading. I can not wait for the next book and to be able to find out the fate of all these wonderful characters. The Shatter Me series has definitely made it to my favorites list and I couldn't be happier. I recommend you read this book now if you haven't yet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)