Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Need Review

Need (Need, #1)
Need (Need #1)
By Carrie Jones
Published December 23rd, 2008 by Bloomsbury
306 pages

3.5 stars - Interesting!


Pain shoots through my head. Fireworks. Explosions. All inside my brain. The white world goes dark and I know what's about to happen.


Zara White suspects there's a freaky guy semi-stalking her. She's also obsessed with phobias. And it's true, she hasn't exactly been herself since her stepfather died. But exiling her to shivery Maine to live with her grandmother? That seems a bit extreme. The move is supposed to help her stay sane...but Zara's pretty sure her mom just can't deal with her right now.

She couldn't be more wrong. Turns out the semi-stalker is not a figment of Zara's overactive imagination. In fact, he's still following her, leaving behind an eerie trail of gold dust. There's something not right - not human - in this sleepy Maine town, and all signs point to Zara.

In this creepy, compelling breakout novel, Carrie Jones delivers romance, suspense, and a creature you never thought you'd have to fear.

Need is quite an interesting read and is pretty different from what I've read recently. I think one of the things that I found most interesting was the constant listing of phobias. You'd think it be annoying and I guess it could be for some people but I truly liked learning about all those phobias that I didn't even know were real. 

So I guess that Need could kind of be compared to the book Wicked Lovely but instead of faeries they have something else. I won't say just so I don't spoil anything but I will say that the sleepy Maine town is residence to more than just humans. The stories of what the town holds were pretty interesting and there was some humor, romance and suspense. At some points I felt like it was a little slow but nonetheless Need was a pretty good first book to the series. 

Zara was a pretty nice character to read about and I liked how she grew through out the book despite everything that she had gone through. I loved her friends and the main love interest, they were funny and lovable  :) I'd like to learn more about the "creatures" that inhabited Zara's town and I thought it was neat how they had different kind of "weres". I'll let you read the book to figure out what I mean by that. Anyways Need was a quick and entertaining read and intrigued me enough to read the next one. But find out for yourself and pick up the book.

Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)