Monday, November 5, 2012

Rapture (Fallen #4)

Rapture (Fallen, #4)
Rapture (Fallen #4)
By Lauren Kate
Published June 12, 2012 by Delacorte Press
448 pages

5 stars - Read this!!!

The sky is dark with wings . . . .

Like sand in an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past they must find the place where the angels fell to earth. Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this—live only to lose Luce again and again.

Yet together they will face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies . . . and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed. And suddenly Luce knows what must happen.

For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her—and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now will be the only one that truly matters.

In the fight for Luce, who will win?

The astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can’t wait any longer.

Rapture truly was an astonishing conclusion to the Fallen series.  Of course this is my opinion but I loved this book.  I finally figured out the answers to the questions and I cried in the end but a good end crying.  The end was definitely not what I expected but of course I didn't expect many of the things that happened anyway.  At some points I was able to kind of guess but even those times were few.  This is what I like about Rapture, I don't always like to know what will happen in the end right at the beginning.  With this book you don't need to worry. 

All our old friends are back and everyone is tense because they have to stop Lucifer from erasing the past.  The group only has 9 days to figure where the first fall was because that is where Lucifer will be.  Splitting up into smaller groups the group goes to different countries to find their clues.  Meanwhile Luce starts getting all her memories back but there are some very important ones that she'll have to figure out if she wants to save her friends.  This quest isn't easy and some get hurt but the end will all be worth it if they win.  The question is, will they win?

I know that that was kind of a vague summary but I'm too excited and I don't want to give anything away.  I loved this book and thought it was a good end to the series even though I'm sad to see Luce and Daniel go.  I did cry throughout this book and usually that means that the book was great because I was able to bond with the characters.  I thought that the ending was interesting and awesome because we finally find out the secrets and understand what the whole series was about.  We find out what is so special and different about Luce and let me tell you that I was only barely expecting it.  So go ahead and read for yourself.  Well now to find another series.....

Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)