Friday, August 24, 2012

Obsidian (Lux #1)

Obsidian (Lux, #1)
Obsidian (Lux #1)
By Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published November 29th, 2011 by Entangled Teen
335 pages

5 stars - This book is amazing!!


Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 

If I don't kill him first, that is.

Oh My Gosh!!! I loved this book!! And I really loved Daemon!! Haha in case you didn't notice, I thought Obsidian was a great read.  I had been seeing reviews of it and just seeing it on book websites but I hadn't ever picked it up.  So I finally did and bought it on my kindle!  I have to say that I wasn't disappointed, I just loved the story.  And of course the characters, I mean Katy loves to read AND has a book blog!  I was instantly able to connect with her on that level and I appreciated it.

I'm not going to give a summary of the book because I think the one above does a pretty good job to lure in readers and of course the covers are pretty amazing.  And I just loved this book so much that I feel like I can't really say the right things and I want you to have a good experience with it.  Like no spoilers or anything, I want you to be surprised. 

I will say most of the characters had a spot in my heart. :)  Again I connected with Katy because she loved reading and got excited over books plus she had a blog where she reviewed books.  But she was also a pretty strong character.  She didn't instantly fall in love with the guy and she kept her head in check.  She was also a great friend.  Dee is Daemon's sister and also an alien but she is totally sweet.  She is just very fun and nice and I loved her as Katy's friend, I'd love her as my friend too.  And the other major main character was Daemon, the really hot alien guy.  I'll admit that at most points he was a big jerk but when you find out why he really wants to protect his sister then you start to understand where he is coming from.  And the fact that he loved his sister so much is something that I like as well.  There are a few more characters that are enjoyable in the book but I'll let you find that out.  

So anyways I found Obsidian to be interesting and amazing.  I haven't read to  many alien books but this one was great.  It wasn't too out there and the characters seemed normal and were easy to relate with.  There was a mix of everything in the story.  A part that I loved was the bantering between Katy and Daemon, when a book is able to make me laugh so much then I know it is just about as good as it can get.  All in all Obsidian is a keeper for me and I can't wait to get the second book.  I know it's going to be a favorite series of mine.  Check it out and see for yourself!  I mean it!  Hopefully you'll find it as amazing as I did. 

Vanessa

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I just came across your site and it is really lovely! I happily followed you and will enjoy reading your updates. You can find me over at Rainy Day Reads, www.rainydayreads.com It would be great if you could stop by and I would love to have a fellow book lover as a new follower.
    Christine x
    Rainy Day Reads
    www.rainydayreads.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine!
      Thanks and I'll definitely check out your blog!
      Vanessa

      Delete

What's on your mind? :)