Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!! 2014

Happy New Year Everyone! I can't believe that it's already 2014! I'm actually quite excited for this year and I can't wait to see what it brings. I'm especially excited to see what books I will be able to read this year and what movies will be released as well.

I'd also like to work on some goals that I have set for this new year, hopefully I'll be able to achieve some of them. :) First of all, I'd like to post reviews more consistently. I feel like I'm never able to catch up with all the books that I read but I'm going to do it this year. So expect more reviews and what not. :) Plus I need to start adding my reviews to Goodreads and Amazon more consistently as well. So I guess what I really want to work on this year is consistency, for this blog at least. Okay, now on to my most anticipated books of the 2014. I don't know all of them yet but there are quite a few big ones that I'm dying to read!

The first book I am DYING to read is...City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare! The cover isn't out yet but I did find out that this book is going to be 733 pages long!! I'm so excited!! City of Heavenly Fire will be the last book in the Mortal Instruments series and as much as I want to read it, I'm also sad to have to see another fantastic series end. But all good things must come to and end, right? If you haven't read the rest of the series yet, then you definitely should!

2014 Book Releases:

The One (The Selection, #3) The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave, #2) Don't Look Back Lady Thief (Scarlet, #2)Her Dark Curiosity (The Madman's Daughter, #2)

Some other books that I'm looking forward to being released in 2014 are above. The One by Kiera Cass is the last book in The Selection series. I've read the other two books and would like to see what the outcome is going to be for some of my favorite characters. The Infinite Sea's cover hasn't been revealed yet but I'm excited for it all the same. The Infinite Sea is by Rick Yancey and is the second book in the 5th Wave series. The first one was definitely intriguing and hopefully this one will promise the same. Don't Look Back is by Jennifer L. Armentrout looks like an intriguing read. Plus, it's by one of my favorite authors so I definitely want to try it out! Lady Thief is the second book in the Scarlet series by A.C. Gaughen. I LOVED Scarlet and can't wait to read this second book and find out more about these awesome characters. Her Dark Curiosity is by Megan Shepherd and is the second book in The Madman's Daughter series. I found the first book to be different and intriguing and I'm sure this one won't disappoint.

Black Ice is a book that I'm looking forward to because it's by Becca Fitzpatrick. The book doesn't have a cover yet but it sounds good. If you've read Becca's first series, Hush, Hush, then you'll know why I'm excited! Another big book is by Jennifer L. Armentrout and it is Opposition. Opposition doesn't have a cover out yet but it is the 5th book in the Lux series. So excited for this year!

Now, these few books are definitely not all the ones that I'm eager to read in 2014. But, they are the ones that I could think of off the top of my head. There are a ton more and even more books that are older but that I would love to read. Maybe I'll make another post with those books...

Well I hope everyone has had a fantastic New Year's Day so far. Mine has been relaxing. :)
What books are you looking forward to read this year? And what books are you waiting to be released this year? Have a great day!

Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)